Friday, February 1, 2013

Puppet Pals App for iPad!

This year I tried a new project at the end of the semester as a way to review what we'd learned.  My high school is in year #2 of a 1:1 iPad program, and I consider myself lucky to have this amazing tool to work with when considering a new project.  I decided to try an app I'd heard of called PuppetPals HD.  This app allows students to create puppet shows using different backgrounds and different characters, and they are able to record their voices as well.  The possibilities for creativity are endless, and to top it off, the app is free!

I asked students to create a puppet show after giving them specific guidelines for what I expected to be included.  Students had a lot of freedom to create whatever sort of story they wanted to.  While creating these projects, I was happy to see lots of smiling and giggling going on.  I was also pleased with the results.  Here's an example.




I was delighted to be able to give my students a new and different way to use and practice their French.  I would recommend this app for use in any world language classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...