Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Mannequins for my Classroom!

If you've been reading this blog, you know that I use antique department store mannequins in my classroom as a way to teach French creatively and with pizazz.  My students love the stories I write about Jacques and his girlfriend, Suzette.  I often act out these stories, which are written to reinforce whatever I'm trying to teach at the moment.  In my opinion, the use of these mannequins is one of my best ideas for keeping my classroom exciting & stimulating.  You can imagine my excitement when I recently discovered 2 antique mannequin children for sale!  I knew that these mannequins would be Jacques & Suzette's children, and would provide inspiration for me to write new stories.  It didn't take me long to decide to buy them, knowing that I might never find mannequin children again.
Here they are!



I love the detail on these...they have real eyelashes!  It will be one of my goals for this new school year to write & incorporate some new stories about Jacques' life.  And of course I will share what I've created with you here :)!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...